The presidency has spoken on the report of fire outbreak recorded at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja which caused panic on Saturday, March 6, 2021.

According to a press statement issued by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, and made available on Sunday, people in the country and even abroad have been expressing concerns over the said report.

“I would like to clarify that there was no fire inside the Presidential Villa. In the evening of Saturday, March 6, a fire broke out burning shrubs between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa, precisely in the area between the Villa and the Barracks, towards Asokoro.

“The fire, as being speculated, might have started from a passerby dropping a burning cigarette. The Federal Fire Service will ascertain the reason for it when they complete their investigation.

“It suffices to say that this bush fire, which started and ended outside the perimeter walls of the Villa, was seamlessly contained by fire stations of the State House and the one nearby from the Federal Fire Service. No loss of life, no loss whatsoever to building and property was recorded”.

Please follow and like us:
error
fb-share-icon

By Moses Okorie

Nation's Pride Newspaper is a production of Mosvin Communications located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Follow by Email
WhatsApp